Good for gaming & graphic design? (modeling/photoshop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

c2grafix

Beta member
Well I'm a graphic designer and have been for over 3 years. I have a Xbox 360 for all my gaming as of now, but I love my counter strike source. So I need a good pc that can handle css on high as well as handle the occasional FarCry2 :D

Heres what I have:
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor ADX620WFGIBOX

Rosewill Wind Knight Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with pre-installed 2x 120mm Fan, Support up to 1x 140mm top fan, 2x 140mm side fan, 1x 140mm front fan, 1x 120mm rear fan

Rosewill RV2-500 500 W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready Power Supply

SIIG IC-510012-S2 5.1 Channels PCI Interface SoundWave

BIOSTAR A785G3 AM3 AMD 785G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

I know my fair share of general PC building, but have all my knowlegde in actually using the pc not building it. I am on a budget of about $350-$400 max!!
So please help me out, I need to know what IS and what ISN'T needed.

Ok, first of all, People dont realize CSS is about a six year old game, and not that graphically intense. Most dell and acer and HP retail desktops can play it on high settings now.
But of course building your own is way better, but there are a few things i need to know. You gave a budget, good, but do you need all parts? or do you plan on using some you already have? Also you dont have a graphics card listed, and that would be most important for any 3d program.

edit* O i see that the biostar has the HD4200 onboard with HD out. While this may handle CS, you really are better off with a dedicated gpu, especially for modeling/animating. But, since you are on a budget, the onboard may be a good choice for now, until you can get more funds.

Get back to me, I can make this work on your budget.

Thanks for the reply hmammen :D
I guessed css was easy to run because I was able to run it on medium with a 64mb gpu, But alrighty.
I'll be salvaging the majority of pieces from my old gateway e4600 i believe is what I have, as well as parts from a few newer pc's around my house.

At the moment for a GPU, I havea a PNY Verto GeForce GTS-220 1024mb DDR2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom