$1000 - $1200 high end PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN

Baseband Member
Hello guys I'm looking to build my brother a high end PC. So it's been a while since I've actually did some research on new hardware and such. I'm just looking for some suggestions. - Thanks

CPU: Intel Core i7 - would prefer a 1366 socket.
Mobo: Open to any suggestion
GPU: Open to any suggestion
PSU: Open to any suggestion
Case: Prefer High Tower
SSD or HD: Not sure which but I might be taking the old ones from his old PC but they might not be reliable.
CD/DVD Burner : Open to any suggestion
Heatsink:
Ram: My guess would be DDR3 since it'll be running triple channel.

Keyboard / Mouse / Monitor - Going to be using the old ones which is still in good condition.

Any other recommendation would be greatly appreciated or if I'm missing anything else please let me know.

- Thanks

what are going to be his main uses for this rig? does he need an OS?

He doesn't play much game besides RTS games such as dota and maybe SC2. He does run alot of applications all at the same time for some reason which I don't know why. As for OS it will most likely be Windows 7.

For $1000 I'd recommend an AMD Phenom X6, for $1200 you could probably squeeze in a 1366 i7. Since the build won't be too heavy on gaming you can get by with a cheaper graphics card (5770 or so, maybe even less). I would recommend an i7 but you'll want more than $1200 for a good i7 build with a decent cooler for overclocking. Mine cost $1500 after adding an H50 cooler but that's with a 5870, even then with only a $200 GPU you'll still need $1300 and I don't include any software or accessories in my build prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom