reinstalling problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
^already tried that.

mak that error thing i was talking about is : Windows can not be installed to this disk. This computerr's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disks controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Like i said I looked in the bios for something along the lines of that but could not find anything.

^its the only other drive that i have that i can install on atm. All the partitions i cant install on this drive. No point in installing on the drive that is failing, and i need to get some stuff off that drive anyway. Ughhh....pain in the ***. And it just so happens that my laptop is broken right now as well. Looks like im putting my folding rig back together as a temporary rig untill i can get this sorted out.

^perhaps mak will know what is wrong when next he is on...im hoping lol. Cause i really cant afford to go out and buy a new hard drive, i just bought a newheadset today because it was loosing sound in one ear.

couldnt you install win 7 on a flash drive, setting your bios to boot first removable? just need a giant flash drive like 4-8gigs. then get your data off the other drive? then worry about the hdd later? idk.....i know this doesnt fix the problem but atleast you could get your old data off the other drive....

^well its not like the drive is going to die faster not in use sitting there. So i don't see the point (i dont need the data right now or anything its just a few things i dont want to lose, such as pictures, saved games, my music library, etc) i dont know, the drive from my foldign rig i knows works with this current hardward without changing reinstalling the os (not good to do that, but i can do it to get the data if need be) im gonna contact seagate tomorrow to see if i can rma it AGAIN...or better yet, get a refund, but that would be unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom