AMD Sempron 140 2.7GHz CPU
Razer DeathAdder
Steelseries 5H V2 Headset
Geforce GT220
Cooler Master 460W PSU
WD Caviar Green 500GB 32MB Cache
Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P motherboard
2GB DDR2 800mhz RAM

My ping in games jumped up about 30-60 and more when something happens ingame.

This started after I put my video card in.

Someone want to tell me what's up and how to fix it?

First off, what game and how do you know your ping is jumping? Lag may or may not be caused by ping... it could be your CPU or GFX card struggling to keep up.

ping as in your connection speed/location number? or is it lagging and your talking about frames per second or how smoothly the game plays? seems to me your cpu would be the biggest bottleneck.

ping as in your connection speed/location number? or is it lagging and your talking about frames per second or how smoothly the game plays? seems to me your cpu would be the biggest bottleneck.

Ping as in.. This

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

(Ingame shot)

Ping in specific servers are higher than they usually are, but not high enough that someone is DLing.

I even tested that by unplugging all connections except my own.

ok i get ya. well you say it was fine before? actually has nothing to do with your gpu, ping refers to connection speed/how much bandwith is used and how far away you are from the host. If its super high in all games and alot of servers i would say you have a problem with your internet connection/modem/router/wireless/ISP etc..... if its only like that in one game and a few servers, try finding dif servers. Also, are you running any other programs or doing any DLin or UPling while playing?

By the way i noticed from your screen shot, underneath your ping, you are only getting 13.9 kps/sec IN which is ultra slow. Do you use a cable modem? wireless etc?

ok i get ya. well you say it was fine before? actually has nothing to do with your gpu, ping refers to connection speed/how much bandwith is used and how far away you are from the host. If its super high in all games and alot of servers i would say you have a problem with your internet connection/modem/router/wireless/ISP etc..... if its only like that in one game and a few servers, try finding dif servers. Also, are you running any other programs or doing any DLin or UPling while playing?

By the way i noticed from your screen shot, underneath your ping, you are only getting 13.9 kps/sec IN which is ultra slow. Do you use a cable modem? wireless etc?

Ethernet hub and.. Surfboard Digital Voice Modem

Whatever that is. Dad hooked all this up. We're running 3 computers. I unplugged the other two to check to see if that was slowing me down.

And I played on the same servers over and over. Ping wasn't this high before I put my card in.

What OS are you running? And what is your usual ISP connection speed? But before anything, check and DL any updates for your OS and motherboard chipset/gpu etc.... Next, Check in game settings on LFD2 for multiplayer and network. Also download latest punkbuster drivers.

Also if you could run this for me and post a screenshot here so we can see what your connection speed is-

http://www.speedtest.net/

Next(if still problem)

Contact your isp it has nothing to do with your GPU, also lemme guess its a motorola surfboard yes? That would be problem number one, they are absolute **** and have been known to be inconsistent especially with multiple computers on its network.

What OS are you running? And what is your usual ISP connection speed? But before anything, check and DL any updates for your OS and motherboard chipset/gpu etc.... Next, Check in game settings on LFD2 for multiplayer and network. Also download latest punkbuster drivers.

Also if you could run this for me and post a screenshot here so we can see what your connection speed is-

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Next(if still problem)

Contact your isp it has nothing to do with your GPU, also lemme guess its a motorola surfboard yes? That would be problem number one, they are absolute **** and have been known to be inconsistent especially with multiple computers on its network.

I'm running Win7 Ultimate. Don't know what usual is. Just know that the night before I put my card in I had no connection issues.

Speedtest results:

891925742.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom