pc base unit help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i have no idea how to install a newer graphics card, but ill look into it, although i think this one would be fine for me, because my one at the moment is just a standard one i guess.

from edd

the instructions that come with any card should be sufficient enough to help you install it on your own. it is fairly simple. you will need to power off the comp, of course, and open up the case itself. hook up the card, install the drivers and disable the old onboard drivers and you should be good to go. your games will look a lot better and play smoother, as will movies, pics, they will all display faster and better quality.

Edit: having a graphics card will also free up that shared memory and give it back to your programs.

ok, thanks...

dvd's and games should work alrite though should'nt they? they should work better than my 350mhz?

do you know any cheap cards that are good for around £50 or are they all more expensive than that?

hmm pounds huh? what is that in USD? anyways, what games are you trying/wanting to play? i don't see any game working with onboard graphics, except maybe flash games from the internet. you will need a DVD drive to play DVDs and i doubt that computer will play DVDs, even with a drive, smoothly.

well...my 350mhz im using at the moment with 192 ram plays dvd's fine and i'll just replace the cd drive on the new pc with my current dvd/cdrw drive. So why wont it play smoothly if my 350mhz plays them fine?

and most older games work perfectly fine on my pc like "rollercoaster tycoon" and "the sims deluxe edition", because they work on 350mhz P2 which mine is

if they worked on your old comp, they should work on your new one. on my old AMD and my old celeron machines, they always choked on videos and games, even when my AMD machine had a 5200 card. the DVDs will eat up all your memory, i assume you never watched a DVD at the same time while you were surfing the web or working on another program.

yer, i mainly just watch the dvd or play the game on its own, then surf the net after or before, not at the same time, but i play music at the same time and that's always been fine.

anyway, would the new pc be better than my old one with:

pentium2 350mhz processor
192mb RAM
ATI Technologies inc. 3D RAGE ||C AGP
running XP Proffesional SP1

why?

wont the 64 shared mb SIS 651GX 3D Graphics card be better than the 3D RAGE ||C AGP i have, because i thought a brand new computer would have better graphiccs?

if i dont change the card over, what difference will it make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom