Graphics Performance List

From what I could find, Jorge, the 4200 would fall around the #70 - #75 mark, somewhere between the performance of the X850XT, 7600GT, and the X1650XT. Of course the 4200 will be using some of your RAM to run so this can have an overall impact of your performance.

Thanks for the reply Trotter!

One more thing, I have a question regarding:

Of course the 4200 will be using some of your RAM to run so this can have an overall impact of your performance.

Is this the same case with the IGP Intel GMA X4500?

Any and all IGP use some of the system's RAM. Some mobos have some inbuild RAM for graphics, but not much. Anything else the IGP needs it uses from the system. That's why a laptop or prebuilt will say "such-and-such shared RAM" as it is shared between the CPU and IGP.

That's the beauty of MOST graphics cards (a few will also use system RAM). They have their own onboard memory just for their use, thus leaving all the system RAM free for the system.

For whoever is working on the laptop graphics list, would you mind helping me with a little question? I wanted to know if the nVidia Geforce GT330M could stack up against the ATI Radeon Mobility 5650. I'm choosing between two laptops as of right now, and it might come down to that. Thanks for your time. Oh and one more thing! If its not too much trouble, would you mind speculating how the GT330M would handle Starcraft2 or Diablo 3 with an i7-720 and 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HDD? Thank you!!
-Davidd

judging by the shader count (5650M with 400 shaders, GT 330M with 48) I would say the 5650 is better
Of course, you can't directly compare shaders. But considering ATI GPU's with 320 shaders approximately compared to Nvidia GPU's with ~96-128 shaders, the Nvidia GPU would have to be clocked relatively high in comparision to get close

From the benchmark I saw, it did just BARELY (a fraction of a frame to two frames) did worse than the GTX 280.

Hmmm. From what I've seen it seems to be better than the 280. It seems to be about like a 285.

Back
Top Bottom