Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
This is a silly problem which, stupidly. I cannot resolve

I have "lost" the boot up and shut down sounds

I have tried "sounds" in Control Panel. The sounds exist and can be played
but I cannot find a way to applying them so that the Windows System boot and shut down noise appear as normal

go into sounds and change the windows sound scheme to windows default should bring em back up. seems from what you've posted so far you have sound coming out of your speakers. other wise you can try a system restore or repair.

Always look for the simple solution first.

Have you checked to make sure Windows has not muted itself? Have you checked to make sure they are still on your hard drive? Have you tried reassigning different sounds to see it they work?

I never used the default ones in XP. I used the five tones from the opening of the Star Trek theme or "Shall we play a game?" spoken by W.H.O.P.E.R. from the movie War Games for my startup sound. I used various shutdown sounds, like HAL200 saying "Good...bye." and all kinds of stuff like that.

Always look for the simple solution first.

Have you checked to make sure Windows has not muted itself? Have you checked to make sure they are still on your hard drive? Have you tried reassigning different sounds to see it they work?

I never used the default ones in XP. I used the five tones from the opening of the Star Trek theme or "Shall we play a game?" spoken by W.H.O.P.E.R. from the movie War Games for my startup sound. I used various shutdown sounds, like HAL200 saying "Good...bye." and all kinds of stuff like that.

Ya and see I have all sorts of great chunks of songs for my sounds. Lets just say my Windows log in makes it feel uber epic haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom