$600 budget, need a general gaming build please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I guess in that case go for xfx if you want a guarantee. haha 200gb 10 yrs must of cost a fortune. I couldn't really help you out on the temps, as I don't have stock cooling in any of my amd machines. but a thin layer of artic silver and stock fan should be more than adequate. Try finding a case that has an exhaust fan on the top of the case...becoming more and more popular build type, which only makes sense since heat rises. and if you have a big video card, a case with a side panel fan is a good idea. my radeon 5770 used to get burning hot to the touch.

haha....I have yet to upgrade my dvd drive for $20 lol. I have a nasty *** beige one that my dad had years ago, IDE drive. But, it supports dual layer burning, so i really have no need to, plus I did a pro job of coloring it with a black sharpie. Just get what you need/don't have. I know it's tempting now, but you could use that money to get parts that are tad bit better spec'd, and be happier in the long run. dvds and hdds are cheap replacements for anytime down the road.

I would recommend TX-2 over Arctic Silver. It's cheaper, slightly more efficient, isn't conductive, and doesn't need time to set.

Also about the video card. I can vouch for them getting hot. I have a 4870 that idles around 60c. If I touch it while running a game I'll burn myself because it gets up to around 75c before the fans will spin any faster. (That's the way I like it though, it's quiet and GPUs can take a lot of punishment with no problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom