New $850 Build need critiques

Status
Not open for further replies.
The i5/i7 CPUs are overclockers' dreams, mate. Intel finally got on the ball and got something right. :D And that's coming from an AMD guy.

@tfot- the Lian Li combo looks good.

really? 4ghz+ with an aircooler? doubt that...i've never seen anything over 4 with just a good cpu fan on an i5. even then, AMD is known for having the more clockable processors.

and sorry to break it to you, but my 4.4 ghz phenom plays better in games than my 3.2 ghz i5, and they both use 5770s.

The i5 750 is perfectly capable of hiting 4 GHz+ on air cooling. My i7 920 runs at 4.2 GHz on air everyday.

Post some CPU-Z screenshots of that Phenom at 4.4GHz. Intel Rules when it comes to Overclocking.

The i5/i7 CPUs are overclockers' dreams, mate. Intel finally got on the ball and got something right. :D And that's coming from an AMD guy.

@tfot- the Lian Li combo looks good.

Comparatively speaking within their own products, yes. but haven't you seen those crazy overclocks the AMD guys have done with n2? it's insane...and obviously out of any consumers price range lol. but still, AMD seems to make the better processor still, in the sense of oc'ing. It's just a shame that Intel gets away with charging so much...people want the best, no matter the cost.

The i5 750 is perfectly capable of hiting 4 GHz+ on air cooling. My i7 920 runs at 4.2 GHz on air everyday.

don't see the point if you don't have an i5? lol

go over to overclock.net and you'll see several people with x4's overclocked at over 5ghz with minimum watercooling. I actually have some of the weaker clock speeds.

don't see the point if you don't have an i5? lol

You don't see the point in what??? You can't really believe you know more about Intel cpu's than me. This isn't my 1st rodeo, I see dozens of PC's every month, fast and slow ones.

Edit: and don't double post, use the edit button

You don't see the point in what??? You can't really believe you know more about Intel cpu's than me. This isn't my 1st rodeo, I see dozens of PC's every month, fast and slow ones.

Edit: and don't double post, use the edit button

sorry, I didn't know the edit button ruffled your feathers lol. Chill out, no need to act like a tough guy on a forum. First of all, I have no idea who you are, so I don't see what water you hold when you say I can't know more than you about Intel cpu's...and vice versa. But if I had to take a guess, I'd say you're an Intel fan who has a passion for excessive show of internet girls? Sorry, but the sig of a girl with your computer stats seems a little, well..ironic haha. as well as the avatar.

Anyways, the point was you don't seem to have oc'ed an i5, and I'm curious as to how you personally know?

I have OC'd a i5 750, I don't have to own one to overclock it. I don't even need to be sitting in front of one to OC it, but I have.

You could always browse thru the various Forum Sections and read some of the posts to become acquainted with our various members and there talents.

Buffy Rules :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom