Can't download free software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

debiannpen

Beta member
Hi, I need some help. I have tried to download several free programs and when I do, I get a message that says the source file can not be saved / read.

I have tried disabling my firewall, didn't help. Could someone PLEASE tell me what i am doing wrong. I have a new hp Pavillion a643n.

Tnx,
Debi

What sort of internet connection do you have? If you have a dial up connection, I'd recommend checking your phone lines. If you have a bad internet connection, it might be corrupting your files.

There's also the possibility that the download source is currently overloaded. Try it again tonight, or another day. Or try another source.

Thanks y'all. 1st, It happens everytime I try. I have a high speed cable connection. I got this machine in August. My husband had installed Morpheous at one time and I uninstalled it. (In September)

I have recently completed an intro course in Premiere and wanted to get some "music" and "stuff"to play with on the time line.

Could I have deleted something when I uninstalled Morpheous?

I ran the System restore back to before we installed and then uninstalled Morpheous, no luck.

Also my Husband has a Mac G5 and we are using the same router, could that be a factor?

Thanks for the help!

Deb

Okay, I don't know WHY this worked but, i copied the link address to a word doc. Then tried to exit. The box came up "Do I want to save, or Run" I chose Run. It installed!

There was a message that said my firewall had previously locked it out.

Now,I just checked my e-mail and their was a virus attachment trying to get through! Whad-up with that?

Spoke to soon. it worked for Limewire. But nothing else. NOW, I am on tech support from INDIA! ugh. Let me know if y'all come up with anything else.
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom