help using EVGA Precision

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattk1045

In Runtime
Hey all. I am trying to OC my comp and being a prebuilt one I have learned I cannot do this through the bios. So, I downloaded evga precision and cpuz and I could use some help with both programs. I want to OC my graphic card and my cpu and ram.
I am new and have no idea how to go about this correctly or safely without possibly messing up my comp.
All help would be appreciated.
Thanks

ok so I just familiarized myself with precision to discover its nothing like ntune as its only a GPU tuner. Which means either a. we need to figure out how to get ntune working for you or b. find a different program.

Suggestions anyone?

What card do you have.. my stratagy is that I find the highest clock sold by gthe manufacturer, and bump up my core/shader and memory 15mhz then test. I run 3dvantage but you can use furmark as its a smaller d/l.

You should get hwmonitor as it monitors everything.

For software oc....i'd stay away from it....... What board is it.. I think ntune is nvidia chipset only.

It's a compaq board with a nvidia mcp61 chipset and he cant overclock through bios obviously so I suggested ntune but he cant get it to run and he wants to overclock everything he can.

Thank you Abstract. I couldn't have said it better myself.

With that said here is what I tried so far. Amd Overdrive which didn't work bcuz I don't have a 7 series chipset.
Cpu-z which I guess is supposed to let you change everything through SPD but I have no idea how.
Evga Precision which as u stated only works for my GPU which is half the battle.
Nvidia Ntune which is not working for me.
Finally I downloaded the most recent driver for my GPU, I havn't installed yet bcuz im waiting for some help to do this correctly.

Is that program hwmonitor anything like CPU-Z or should I get that as well?

Thanks for the help so far. Still more input needed please

I use EVGA Precision, it's good. I would follow what Paton said - overclock each one by 15MHz, then run a stress test, repeat until it starts getting too hot (exactly what's too hot depends on what card you have).

ok on my precision it does not show temp for my GPU and the test button is greyed out. So in order to run a test I would have to just set the settings and let it run. Also what about the gpu ram?

What card is itg?

A gpu is a basically computer that only does graphical stuff, yes i know about cuda etc\, so like a computer it has ram, a cpu and a shaders chip..

If temp doesn't show, you might not want to oc very much. It means that te temp sensor isn't readable by the system.

hwmonitor is a beefed up version of cpu-z, made by the same folks too.

But unless you can get a temp reading, i woluldn't go beyond a factory oc.

In Hwmonitor I get a lot of temps. I don't know what they are all for. I could post a screenshot but I don't know how to post the image. Do I need to upload the image to a site or can I post the image direct to the post?

my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nforce 430

In Hwmonitor I get a lot of temps. I don't know what they are all for. I could post a screenshot but I don't know how to post the image. Do I need to upload the image to a site or can I post the image direct to the post?

my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nforce 430

Upload it to Photobucket or something like that.

Then put the link in this:
Code:
 [img] www.photobucket.com/ThisIsMyImageLink.jpg [/img]

Also. That onboard 6150 is almost a waste to even overclock. You're not going to get any performance out of that thing regardless of what you do to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom