Artifacting Games/Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw2x4

Beta member
Hey there guys, hope someone here can help me out.

Starting a week ago, Dragon Age crashed on me all of a sudden and the desktop started artifacting. It was pretty severe so I restarted the Computer and everything was fine. It didnt happen again that day even though I continued to play DA all day.

The next day it happened again, only it happened twice over a course of the day of playing DA. I was starting to get worried now, but since I had been playing playing DA so much I was unsure if the game was causing it, or if it was just happening randomly.

By the third day it was happening every 15 minutes or so. My first thought was that the Graphics card must be overheating so I kept an eye on the CCC but the temp never went over 65, I even turned the fan up to 100% and it still crashed after 15 min.

My next question was whether it would happen with another game, so I fired up Fallout 3, and theres was no problem. Played it for an hour with no issues. I later left the game on for 3 hours unattended and came back to find no problems whatsoever. Mass Effect 2 also seems to be fine. However while playing Alien Swarm online (free Steam game), I crashed and artifacted just the same as with DA.

I have since brought the machine to a repair shop, but they were not able to find the problem. Now what I am thinking is there is a fault with the GFX Card, and I am thinking of replacing it. However Im afraid that if I shill out 250 Euro on a new card and install, it will turn out to have been another problem alltogther. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

AMD Phenom x4 820 Processor 2.80 GHz
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670 DX 11
Windows 7 32-bit
1TB hard disk

If I've forgotten to listanything let me know.

Thanks in advance lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom