New Build for CAD, Modeling, Video Effects, Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, my mistake, I meant I might need to find some things for the bare drives. Any suggestions on the CPU heatsink fans and a fan controller?

I'm adding one of the fans you suggested instead of the others I had listed and I think I will be making the orders possibly tomorrow or Saturday. How much overclocking do you think I will be able to maintain on this setup?

here are a few combos that should save you a couple bucks.

same cpu and mobo.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
the i7 920 appears to be out of stock for now, but if this combo is still around when it comes back in stock you'll save $15.

same psu and almost the same gfx card.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
i usually don't suggest the "superclocked" or "xxx" cards because they almost always charge you extra for miniscule OC's, but with the combo discount you end up saving money here.

I'm adding one of the fans you suggested instead of the others I had listed and I think I will be making the orders possibly tomorrow or Saturday. How much overclocking do you think I will be able to maintain on this setup?

You should be able to run at 4GHz with a little tweaking, possibly higher :thumbsup:

Well, I'm going to start ordering the parts, probably going to need some more help once I get everything to set it up just right, especially to do the OC. What OS would you go with for this guy?

Well, I've ordered all the parts and the OS you suggested, just need to find SATA cables for the 2 WD drives, don't know if right angle or straight connectors will work better.

I have all the parts minus the SSD which should be in on monday so I was going to get the rest of the system built to test things out. Any helpful hints or tips I should know? Also, how do I approach the OC? Thanks for all the advice so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom