Win7, Quad core SSD or HD…. Any outstanding difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
After some serious research and hunting around, I am finally going to buy a gaming laptop. So now I am faced with a question of getting a SSD or just a normal HD for the OS. I am ordering it in a few days, and I have not been able to find any good research, facts, videos, or anything solid showing if it was worth it or not. This will be on a quad core and I'm not really all that concerned on the cost difference.
Any input? Keep in mind, I'm looking for more actual proof, testing, or any form of real world handling and not just opinions.

I'm sure 70% of us aren't using 4 cores on our laptops. I cannot recommend anything but names for you. Online reviews are all on opinion. I doubt if anyone here are using what you are intending.

Storage - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Anand's SSD reviews are the best out there and he always provides plenty of benchmarks to go with them.

This article is a little old but it does a great job of explaining the benefits of SSDs. I would use it as a starting point and then move on to the newer reviews when you are ready to pick a drive.

The SSD Relapse: Understanding and Choosing the Best SSD - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

As far as drives go I highly recommend the OCZ Vertex 2 and Agility 2 series as well as the Intel X25-M and X25-V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom