Building A Dream Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick_69

Beta member
Ok so I am building my first computer and I am not much of a gamer but I like to buy the best of the best. I hope all these parts are compatable and I was wanting a wicked sound system so if anyone could suggest a sound card for me that would be perrrfect. Thanks so much if anyone replies... I hope a sound card that is 8.1 is compatable with the motherboard I picked out as well....

My Tower and Computer Parts
My case:
Newegg.ca - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

My motherboard (MoBo):
Newegg.ca - GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Windows 7 - 64bit,
Newegg.ca - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems
My processor. AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black edition...3.4 GHz..
Newegg.ca - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
My RAM: Ripjaw DDR3 1600....
Newegg.ca - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
My powersupply...
Newegg.ca - OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
This is the Hard Disk Drive (HDD)...
Newegg.ca - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX 640GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Keyboard G110 Logitech...the keys glow at night in any color...:
Newegg.ca - Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlighting Gaming Keyboard
Blue Ray Burner
Newegg.ca - LITE-ON Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner 12X Blu-ray Burner with Blu-ray 3D feature Model iHBS112 - Blu-Ray Burners
Blue Ray Player
Newegg.ca - LITE-ON Black 4X BD-ROM 8X DVD-ROM 32X CD-ROM SATA Internal 4X Blu-ray Reader Model iHOS104-06 - Blu-Ray Drives
Mouse
Newegg.ca - RAZER Naga Massively Multiplayer Online Gaming Mouse
Mouse Pad:
Buy the Cooler Master Storm HS-M Weapon of Choice M4 SSK at TigerDirect.ca
HDMI Cable:
Newegg.ca - AMC 3ft. Premium Gold Series 1080p rated HDMI Cable Supports Sony PS3 Model HDMI-HDMI1 - Cables

This is my current monitor(I hope I can turn it into HD)
Review - Samsung SyncMaster 2253LW 21.6" LCD | bit-tech.net

Don't get the AMD 965. The AMD 955 is the same chip has the 965 but the multiplier is set to a lower value by one, can't remember the exact value of the multiplier, which you can change easily on BIOS.
Do you really need a blu-ray burner and a blu-ray reader?

Don't get the AMD 965. The AMD 955 is the same chip has the 965 but the multiplier is set to a lower value by one, can't remember the exact value of the multiplier, which you can change easily on BIOS.
Do you really need a blu-ray burner and a blu-ray reader?

Blurays yes :tongue: Everyone needs one.

I recommend an Asus Xonar.
Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

And just FYI 8 channels is 7.1, not 8.1. I don't even think 8.1 exists.
I mean maybe an 8.1 speaker set exists or something.

7.1 is set up like this.
Center
2 front
2 side
2 rear
Subwoofer

That's 7 satellites and 1 woofer, making 7.1
Where the **** would you even put the 8th satellite for 8.1? That just doesn't make sense to me. 7.1 is way more than enough already, and to the best of my knowledge a sound card doesn't exist that will drive 8.1.

Oh about the Asus Xonar I recommended. These things are absolutely wonderful.
As an example, I was using a nice Realtek 7.1 onboard sound to use FLstudio. When I got up to around 10 or 12 channels playing simultaneously the Realtek would choke hard. And by that I mean stuttering/skipping sound. This was even at a lowly 44.1khz @ 24bit. The Asus Xonar on the other hand took it to the next level and delivered 192Khz @ 24bit from the ASIO driver.

I can't begin to tell you how much better this sound card sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom