Need help on first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsure

Beta member
Hey, I am wanting to build my first PC and need opinions. Just want to know if everything is compatible, if I should choose other parts or if I could save a little money. So tell me what you think.

Also the thing that I have least of a clue on is the motherboard. I chose this motherboard because Amazon has a special where you get a download code (lame) for MW2 if you buy a qualifying processor and mobo. Anyway... I don't really know what makes a motherboard "good" and it seems like I should buy something cheaper since I don't need the onboard gpu on that one.

Case - Gamma Classic ATX Mid Tower - $46

Video card - EVGA GTX 460 - $200

DVD drive - Lite-On 24x - $18

Power supply - Eagle Voltas 600w - $40

CPU - AMD Athlon II X4 630 - $100

Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD - $140

HDD - Samsung 1TB 7200rpm - $75

Memory - G.SKILL 4GB (2x2) DDR3 - $82

Monitor - ASUS 19" LED - $126

Windows 7 home premium - $100

Total - $927

Oh and I have no idea about the LED monitor... are they good??? Thanks

Thanks for the replys everybody.

Googleintel- I'm perfectly content with a 19" but like I said I don't know if an "LED" monitor is a good choice. I mean I know the pros and cons of LCD and plasma but I've barley even heard of LED monitors other than those super expensive OLED tv sets. The crazy contrast ratio sounds pretty good...

Sean W.- That case is really cool but I am trying to save as much money as possible. I will probably switch to that Seagate HDD and save $5 bucks though. Do I really need a $200 Phenom II over a $100 Athlon II? What is the difference between the memory I chose and the Ripjaws? Is a 600w supply enough for what I'm shooting at?

Slaymate - Yeah I am pretty much sold on the GTX 460.

Anyway so is everything I chose compatible with eachother? Am I missing anything important in a PC other than keyboard+mouse? Is the power supply enough? Is there a cheaper motherboard I should get? Will everything fit snug in the case? And I don't care too much for Call of Duty so I don't need a CPU and mobo matching that deal.

Oh yeah and the most important question. How will it run Crysis?

i would either go with a phenom 965 ( which i listed ) or a phenom 955. and yes, its worth the upgrade, the only difference between the 965 and the 955, is that the 965 has an unlocked muliplyer. if you arnt over clocking, go with the 955.

this setup will run Crysis and High settings at around 50FPS ( with no AA, but AA in crysis doesnt do anything )

and the only thing you are missing is a CPU cooler, but if you arnt overclocking you dont need it, its recommended to get one anyway, but its not a necessity

the reason i went with the one i did in my suggested build for you is because it has the latest chip set which is better. but if you dont want the latest and greatest, then go ahead and use that one, nothing wrong with it.

i actually have that mother board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom