PC upgrade, modding, and overclocking log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
So I have some parts coming in and going into my "eMachine" (the only eMachine thing about it now is the case.)
Just showing some progress and sharing some thoughts.

Parts en route:
Athlon 64 x2 4450
Xigmatek cpu cooler
blue LED fan

Todays work:
I had broken my acrylic window and needed a way to increase the amount of cool air.
After a ton of searching I had discovered wire mesh was over priced even when in bulk. I had a thought though. I bought an office paper tray made of wire mesh for 5 already finished in a nice black coat. Why spend 10 on a 12x12 of the same material unpainted?

So I measured and cut to size.
SUC50002.jpg

I really like how it turned out.
SUC50003.jpg

and thanks to the design it had some clean ridges that add a really polished look that seems stock
SUC50004.jpg

More to come this week or next!!!

hey great job with the side window! needs to be bigger tho. but either way it looks great! can you post bigger pictures?

Thanks guys!

hey great job with the side window! needs to be bigger tho. but either way it looks great! can you post bigger pictures?

Well i did the window that size because i wanted to see the motherboard and the good looking parts and not a whole bunch of metal like the HDD cage on mine is an eye sore so i left that hidden. Plus when its on the case and set up it will look more balanced than just the door.
I'll take more pics of the finished product for now im only showing bits ive finished.

Let me try to get them bigger

Bigger ain't better when it comes to airflow. Youre best off with a balanced airflow.

It was still pretty ingenious to use a $5 basket.

Well im glad i cut the hole the way i did cuz when the hole was originally cut I had put acrylic in to seal it off to maintain flow. After that broke I discovered something i hadn't planned. The way they designed the original case had small vents parallel to the heatsink which made about a 2 degree difference. After i took out the window i saw as much as 5 degree drop. The way i have my case modified both on purpose and accident it blows air from the front to the hd cage and to the gpu. The heatsink is drawing from the side (where Im going to put my new fan) and out the back exhaust. It actually has optimum airflow which will be even more efficient when I install the fan.

But thank you I'm very pleased to see my frugal idea go as well as it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom