Can someone give me a good $500-$600 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontPushMe

Solid State Member
My brother wants to build a PC and after all the help you guys gave me on mine he was hoping to build one too.

Is it possible to get one that can play new games and will be able to for the next 5 or so years without too much upgrading?

Hes not worried about max settings or anything, just that he can get one for around 500 and can play games. I have a windows 7 disc so i can take care of that.

I found this website but its like a year old so im assuming we can make something better for that price by now

Build a Kick-Ass $500 Gaming PC, Play Crysis at 40FPS! | Maximum PC

Any help would be much appreciated

He will need Windows, a monitor and keyboard, but we can take care of that separately of the $500-$600 budget

Is it still better to custom build a budget PC instead of buying a pre-built one at around the same price? Not so sure, but with Windows 7 installed, that alone is around $100+. You can purchase a prebuilt PC for around $500, so minus the OS, = $400 in Hardware which includes the monitor (those small PCs with mini-towers comes with a 20" monitor... like the HP ones, which are fairly decent monitor too).

you're not going to be able to build even a decent mid-level rig on that budget, let alone one that will play games on decent settings for the next 5 yrs. Id tell him to save up for a bit. at least that's what I would do if I were him. you can make a decent mid-level rig for $ 800-$1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom