Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I am looking for a set of speakers to replace my 6 year old 5.1 Logitech set. My old set was absolutely great, good sound, great bass. So I jumped onto Newegg hoping to find decent to replace them with, only to find that they sell only 3, 5.1 Sets, and no 6.1 or 7.1 sets. The most expensive of which is made by Logitech which is the same set they have been selling for at least 6 years, at the same price, with the exception of a few cosmetic changes. I know because its the set I originally wanted to get years ago, but couldn't afford. The other two are a low end Logitech and Creative sets. The same goes for TigerDirect and similar sites.

So my question is what do people use these days? Are the days of PC only speakers sets dead? I know a lot of people use high end gaming headphones but surely there are people out there that prefer speakers. I remember a while back there were plenty of 5.1, 6.1, and even the more expensive 7.1 sets to choose from. I guess I figured that since most motherboards these days come standard w/7.1 sound, that there would be speaker sets to accompany them.

TBH pc speakers don't really get much better than logitech 5.1 sets. If you get a 7.1 your not going to see that much of an increase for your buck. If I were you I would look into a home theater system like a bose kit or a studio monitor set with receiver like something made by m-audio.

A home theater might be more suited for you cuz they usually have smaller speakers and a more controllable sound. BUT they can include large receivers and be expensive.

While yes they're alot more expensive a monitor pair from m-audio will blow any home system out of the water because they're capable of doing concert level Db with perfect pitch.
BUT They're big bulky expensive and unnecessary unless your someone like me who does home music recordings and needs to hear every little detail.

Studio Monitors including Powered Monitors from GuitarCenter.com
Home Theater Systems, Home Theater Stereo Systems, Home Entertainment Sound Systems at TigerDirect.com

EDIT: Heres a very nice system with not to bad of a tag but it really depends on what your looking to spend.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=26676&CatId=4585

My old 5.1, Logitech x530, took up too much room on my desk.

Then I got 2.1 Logitech Z4. It sounded about as well as the previous, but less of a space hog.

I'm not a hard*** music guy, though. So do whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom