Help With Construction and PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well i got a HD5850 graphics card now,
ill probably get triple channel RAM anyway, (i can get 6GB G-skill RAM for $172au)

but incase i dont end up getting the triple channel RAM, what will the i7 run on? triple dual or single?

I already said that i7 9xx series can run on dual channel. If you use two DIMM it will run on dual channel, and if you use three DIMM it will in triple channel.

Also, in my previous post I posted a review that compares an i7 running in dual channel and triple channel. Do you want more proof than that?

Yes, the i7 9xx will run in single, dual or triple channel mode, but Triple Channel is what you want to run it in. Your paying for the Triple Channel Memory Controller, if your not going to use it then why buy it.

@GoogleIntel, your so called review is more than a year old. Since then most motherboards have had new bios releases for better memory performance. And as time goes by more and more software is updated to take advantage of the increased memory bandwidth provided by the Triple Channel Memory Controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom