CPU Water loop work log

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i took a second look and i am a really good problem solver, so i took a step back and looked around and dug through my tool boxes and i think i may have found an alternative solution..

i have this tape, its 3M 4011...

tape.jpg

and i mounted the res with it, and i think it will do the job, it takes kind of a lot of force to get it off... maybe i will go to the hard ware store tomorrow and look to see if they have 3M 4010

mountedres.jpg

hmm, i think this tape will work, here i put almost 60 AA batteries on top of it and it holds it just fine, probably been holding it up now for about 5 minutes.

resbatteries.jpg

That's a good spot for the res.
4011 FTW
Walmart has colored zipties like the ones you have for dirt cheap I use those in my case cuz they react to the blue.

i heard that 4010 is stronger, but i cant find any ( course i havnt looked really hard tbh )

either way, i think that tape will do the job :D

tape of the gods eh?

well im going to the hardware store today after work, ill see if they have 4010 there. if not, this 4011 is going to have to work, im not going to pay $7 + shipping for tape haha.

I used some kind of Locktight tape when mounting my rad cause I was to cheap to do a proper mount, put the rad on top, well the double sided tape let me pick up ~50 pounds.

Ended up lifting my case quite often via the rad, and the case wouldn't pull away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom