Internal CD/DVD RW dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevethePirate

Solid State Member
Being accursed with a best buy gift card of ~$75, I chose to peruse their selection of CD/DVD RW, since my desktop lacks one. Unfortunately, their variety is meager; a HP 1260i and a LG GH24 are the only internals among the plethora of externals. Both have similar price, ratings, and + & - CD/DVD compatibility, which most are superfluous to my needs. The LG, however, has lightscribe, which is superfluous as well. I haven't has enough experience with either company's hardware to winnow the choice to a singularity, so hopefully you guys might know. On the other hand, should I look elsewhere if both prove to be inferior? Thanks for your consideration.

Man, now a days cd/dvd rws are pretty much disposable. The tech is now so basic that you just get one.. Not the cheapest, but anything in the average price.

I have an lg internal in my desktop and a hp in my laptop... but I honestly rarely burn...

Flash drives are so cheap and convenient, that i only burn livecds and install software with it.

I just checked the BB Site, and 45 bucks is too much to spend on one... I wouldn't pay more than 25 or 30... Save the card for games, cds or movies!

See, media writing is the primary reason I'm installing a new optical drive. On another forum I was suggested to invest in a bluray drive online, and reserve the card. I was hesitant with this option, because it seems bluray's capacity is currently excessive for most media storage; most videos are only a few gb and most decompressed audio--id est: FLAC--are only a few hundred mb; ~1gb for a discography.

Regarding your recommendation, since the internet is boundless with options, are you aware of any companies that prevail over the two aforementioned?

Well, a bluRay burner usually does all 3 formats, so it is a future proofing idea.

No ideas, other thasn the word of the internet...... I'm a simple iso burner so crap stuff works for me.

When it comes to optical drives, finding one on sale is the only effort you can really put in. Honestly, they're all pretty much the same. Unless it's dirt cheap, and a brand you've never heard of, it's going to work just as well as any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom