Build for $700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

if it was something cheap then maybe an open box item would be OK, but i wouldn't risk saving a bit of money for an open box item like a motherboard or other crucial system parts.

Oh, ok thanks for the heads up.

GTX 460 is very good choice, and most of them come with free game called just cause 2
Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P3-1360-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I recommend to change the CPU to i5 750 as it is better in gaming most of the time
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

From what I read the 955/965 are identical if not better than the i5 750 (in what I will be doing).

I decided to go for an HD 5770 because I found a pretty good deal for one that cost 100. I will probably upgrade it later when I get more cash but right now I don't think I do. Also I doubt I will ever SLI or crossfire, but since I got a 5770 ill go with a crossfire version of the asus motherboard. Also I had to lower my budget by about $500 because I had to lend some money to a friend who couldn't make his rent. So basically im getting

Newegg.com - HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity (but i didnt buy it off here)
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full

all comes out to about $929

lastly since im stuck with my old screen for the next few months can a 1440 x 900 screen support my graphics card and play in 1080p

yea, that list looks good. but why do you need windows 7 ultimate?

My mistake I was looking at all of the editions and planned on getting ultimate at first but when I saw both professional and ultimate support xp mode i went to go copy the url of professional and i must have pressed the wrong key combination.

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Full

ill probably buy a mouse and keyboard at a local best buy or something

and thanks for confirming =]

Actually, the i5 750 is slightly better in gaming than 965 most of the time

You can check xbitlab review or anandtech review by yourself

In some games the i5 750 is better and in some games the 965 is better. Looking at your sources just seems to confirm that. While I personally prefer Intel, the 965 is an excellent cpu that runs most games just as well as the 750.

So confused now lol from those benchmarks all I can see is the i5 destroying 955/965 and Micro Center - Intel Core i5 750 Processor Boxed 235309 is just 10 more than the 955 and 10 less than the 965, but supposedly out preforms both clock for clock. I'm not a fanboy of anything all I want is the best lol. Also could I overclock a i5 750 even though its not an extreme version or would an overclocked i5 lose to an overclocked 955/965. I hate when I can't decide....

Micro Center has great prices on Intel products.

Every cpu overclocks differently. Plus the other components you buy (mobo, memory and cooling) have a big effect on the overclockability of a cpu. Generally speaking you'll get better quality components going AMD with a budget of $700. I would move up to the i5 750 if I had $1000 and the i7 920 for $1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom