Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
googleintel, please get your facts straight before you go giving crap advice.

AMD uses dual cannel ram, and i7 9 series uses triple channel ram

googleintel, please get your facts straight before you go giving crap advice.

AMD uses dual cannel ram, and i7 9 series uses triple channel ram

Please be careful with your language

I'm not giving crap advice. I'm not even giving any advices.

i7 9 series uses both dual and triple channel. I was pointing out this fact

it's not crap advive, he's actually right, i7 9xx series supports both dual and tri channel.

He "maybe" right in that both dual and tri channel are supported, but it's still crap advise. Just because it's an available option doesn't make it a "Good" option. You can run in single channel mode also but it's not "Good". You can raise the latencies but it's not "Good". You can disable CPU cores but it's not "Good". You can run a X16 video card in a X4 slot but it's not "Good".

yea i guess i forgot to put that part in, if he's paying for that cpu he might as well get the most out of it by taking advantage of what it has to offer (i.e. tri channel support).

just seemed like he was getting almost "piled" on even though what he said was right.

Got my new parts up and running and looking at cpu-z i can see that the core speed keeps going up and down rather than staying at 3.4 and my ram timings are set to 9-9-9-24 (2T). Timings should be 7-8-7-24 duno about 2T.

Is there a way i can make everything default to its correct setting and so the cpu doesnt change speed or is this default? Do i have to go into the bios and change the settings myself? Why doesnt it set itself to what it should be in the first place? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom