Help With Construction and PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelpMePlease nao

Solid State Member
Re: Helpi With Construction and PSU

Those parts will work fine together. You will need DDR3 RAM for that system and I would strongly recommend triple channel (which is a kit with 3 identical sticks). The i7 930 will work without a triple channel setup but at a large performance reduction, it is designed to work with 3 sticks in a triple channel configuration (or 6 sticks if you want 12GB).

As for power a 600-750W PSU should be plenty. I have a 650W Antec Earthwatts running my i7 build and it works great. If you want some extra power room for adding a second GPU later, a 700+ Watt would be recommended.

That motherboard can also benefit from a SATA 3.0 (6 gbps) storage drive (either a fast HDD or an SSD) for higher storage transfer bandwidth. It is something to consider when buying the hard drive.

If you're planning on running 3 monitors with your graphics card (in Eyefinity as those pictures show) then I'd recommend a 5850 or 5870. The 5830 should be fine for single monitor gaming. My 5870 runs 3 monitors well except for Crysis which is only playable at medium-high settings.

Those parts will work fine together. You will need DDR3 RAM for that system and I would strongly recommend triple channel (which is a kit with 3 identical sticks). The i7 930 will work without a triple channel setup but at a large performance reduction, it is designed to work with 3 sticks in a triple channel configuration (or 6 sticks if you want 12GB).

As for power a 600-750W PSU should be plenty. I have a 650W Antec Earthwatts running my i7 build and it works great. If you want some extra power room for adding a second GPU later, a 700+ Watt would be recommended.

That motherboard can also benefit from a SATA 3.0 (6 gbps) storage drive (either a fast HDD or an SSD) for higher storage transfer bandwidth. It is something to consider when buying the hard drive.

If you're planning on running 3 monitors with your graphics card (in Eyefinity as those pictures show) then I'd recommend a 5850 or 5870. The 5830 should be fine for single monitor gaming. My 5870 runs 3 monitors well except for Crysis which is only playable at medium-high settings.
Wow.. wasnt expecting that kinda reply thats awesome..
umm with the 5830 card will that work fine with just 2monitors?

ill look into a series 5850 or 5870 graphics card anyway but im looking for a good one around the price of 300 400 dollars.. (thats australian dollars) and all the 5870 cards are about 600 bucks..

thanks alot on the PSU advice i was gonna get something like 900W but thats clearly WAY to high now.. :p ill probably get a 750W PSU..

again thank you!!

i've found a 5850 series card for 347.99 so thats ok...
Sapphire ATI HD5850 1GB

This is wrong, there is very small performance difference between dual channel and triple channel setup

Wow.. wasnt expecting that kinda reply thats awesome..
umm with the 5830 card will that work fine with just 2monitors?

ill look into a series 5850 or 5870 graphics card anyway but im looking for a good one around the price of 300 400 dollars.. (thats australian dollars) and all the 5870 cards are about 600 bucks..

I don't see the point of HD5830 when you can get GTX 460 for around same price

I would get either GTX 460, HD5850 or HD5870 depending on how much you can spend

This is wrong, there is very small performance difference between dual channel and triple channel setup

I don't see the point of HD5830 when you can get GTX 460 for around same price

I would get either GTX 460, HD5850 or HD5870 depending on how much you can spend

This is wrong, i7 9 series use triple channel ram regardless of the performance difference, its the way it is.

This is wrong, i7 9 series use triple channel ram regardless of the performance difference, its the way it is.

No, i7 9 series can use both dual and triple channel ram. I'm very surprised that you don't that

If you use only two sticks of RAM the i7 will perform on single channel, if I'm not mistaken.

No, it will perform on dual channel

So is an i7 even capable of dual channel?

Yes

And you can see a review that compares i7 in dual channel setup vs triple channel setup from here
http://www.insidehw.com/Reviews/Mem...el-vs.-Triple-Channel-Memory-Mode/Page-2.html

ok well i got a HD5850 graphics card now,
ill probably get triple channel RAM anyway, (i can get 6GB G-skill RAM for $172au)

but incase i dont end up getting the triple channel RAM, what will the i7 run on? triple dual or single?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom