hard drive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
as most of ya know Ive been having many issues with my computer and have tried many solutions with no a vale. well i used g parted and made a new portion on my backup drive and installed windows 7 again and it seems a lot of my problems went a way. not sure but i think my 500 WD caviar drive is starting to fail. suxs but o well just have to pick up another 1 tb WD black drive hoping that's the only problem gonna probably see if i can rma my cpu anyways just to be sure that's not the problem to.

I think I said in an earlier post, a HDD with random bad sectors, or that is about to fail can cause those issues.

chkdsk /r doesn't always find bad sectors on a HDD.

yep i know that's why i checked it for errors then made a new partition on my second drive to test it out seems to be running better have to see if it will wake up from sleep mode or not now usually freezes and i have to hold power to shut it down reboot and delete restoration data and reboot. im trying to get a hold of asus to see about replacing my mother board cause i think that's whats causing my no fan speed problem. would really like to adjust my fans in the os but cant cause they don't show up thanks for the help guys and sorry for so many post just really annoyed with this comp just want it to work right.

Curious, I know on my MSI K9n Plat it has two fan plugs for the CPU, one is for the classic 3 pin fans, the other one is for PWM versions, are you sure you are using the correct fan?

yep i am i have 5 fans plugged into my mother board and none of them show up in windows at all i only have one fan plug for cpu for my mother board its just really starting to bug me they showed up at first but there speed was like 20,000 rpm and i know none of em are that high at all maybe it the newer chip set i have in my board hardware monitor might not recognize it. really just don't know any more

I am willing to bet that HWMonitor isn't fully compatable with what ever your mother board uses for reporting fan speeds and what not.

You did say that they showed in the BIOS correct?

yep they show in bios fine but no program will pick up fan speeds at all hw monitor speed fan only fans speed that gets picked up is my video card.

its the new crosshair 4 formula board with amds newest chip set so i guess ill just wait a bit and see if i can find any more info. another thing i was thinking is my cpu could be bad but its all ifs and maybes till i can test everything probably just see if i can rma a few things and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom