insouciant

Solid State Member
AMD Anthlon XP 1500+
SOYO KT333 Ultra MoBo
512MB DDR
10Gb HD(OS Drive)
25Gb HD(Data/App Drive)
3dFx VooDoo 3

With wintery weather coming back, and the apartment being a little hotter now I'm noticing my machine running alot hotter now.About 130*F CPU and 104*F Case (54*C and 40*C).Could this be rebooting my system, or is something else involved?I know that both HDs are old and need replaced.Any ideas?

If it is a heat problen what would be some good ways to aleviate this?

Thanks, all.

Although your system is running a little hot, your rebooting does not appear to be due to a heating problem. However, you can still try to clean up your case with some canned air. Dust in fans and heatsink will prevent heat from dissipating and cause your system to run a little hot. For your rebooting problem, I suggest running a good virus scan with updated definitions, then scan with ad-aware and spybot search and destroy. This should take care of all adware, spyware and viruses which might infect your box. ad-aware and spybot are free, just google them for downloads. Post again if the problem is not fixed with this and we'll try a few more things.

even though its not the cpu overheating it could be the GPU overheating you should try running the computer with the side panel off.

Actually I did have a bit of dust in there, and on close inspection I realized that the side fan was not running.The other two fans were so loud that I hadn't thought to consider that.

Thanks for the help, everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom