UPS (not the brown guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do NOT use the selector from APC's website. It will often recommend something too expensive for you. The only recommendation they had that would give me at least 10 minutes of runtime was 800 bucks. I know I can do better than that. Instead you would want something with the same watts or 1.5 times the VAs.

I do think they are an excellent company though.

Cyberpower makes great UPSes too. I have one that is 500VAs and it gives me enough time to save stuff and check out weather.com for some quick storm breifings, and to check a couple other things quick, then save my browser session, and then shut down. approx 7 minutes to 10 minutes here. This is server 2008 R1 which takes longer to shut down and power up then windows vista or 7 does.

Thanks. I do not go by any calculation. I add up all my watts and make some headroom, in case of an upgrade.

APC is excellent, according to my friend who works at a college IT job (not sure what exactly) Only, you will pay alot of money.

Cyberpower is also a good name, IIRC.

I'd go with Slaymate's suggestion.

My APC BR900 RS was $150 and according to their site, will run a 500W systrem 6 minutes. The $200 version, 1200VA is good for 12mins.

APCs site has a selector, that you input your W and it'll show runtime of the models displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom