Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
8800GT 512mb
Q6600, not oc'd
Gigabyte GA-E35-DS3R, onboard sound
4gb g.skill ram
Windows 7 32-bit

Computer is 2 years old, never had any real performance problems until now.
When I'm playing music, or have any sound for that matter, about once a minute it freezes/distorts itself for ~5 seconds. It happens all the time, even if I'm not doing anything resource-intensive, but it's worse when I'm playing a game or something. The video of a game also freezes sometimes (at the same time as the audio), but not as often. And this happens when I play Warcraft 3... a 10 year old game that I used to play on my old pentium 4 just fine. Drivers seem up to date, and I ran malwarebytes and it didn't find anything wrong.

When I reboot, it's fine for about a day before the problem comes back.

To help describe the audio issue, here's a short clip where you can hear the sound getting messed up for the first 5 seconds (playing from my itunes): YouTube - Sound Error

Any ideas?

They say they're up to date, plus I don't think that would be the problem because of the video getting messed up too. If I leave my comp on for 3 days straight, eventually my mouse ends up spiking as I drag it along the screen and have to reboot.

Edit: Just tried to play TF2 and had no chance. Spiking like crazy. My internet is bad, but my computer is obviously the one at fault here.

Ran memtest, no errors.

Temps look fine. Haven't cleaned it out in a while - I'll do that tomorrow, but I've let it sit without dusting it out for far longer than this and have never had any problems, so I'm guessing that won't fix it.

Problem still exists. Games spiking every few seconds, sound distorting/buzzing when listening to music, watching a video, or playing a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom