asus p5q mb with intel e6600 processer

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeee691

Beta member
Hello

I have a brand new asus p5q mother board with an E6600 processer.

My problem is thats it is slow as molasses and freezez up. I have it with 4 MB ddr 2 memory.

I think the P5 q is ich10 stepping. While the processer is different like 9 or something.

I am bout ready to put the intel board back in the the pc.

What do you think?

Kevin

I think the P5 q is ich10 stepping. While the processer is different like 9 or something.

ich10 is part of of the p45 chipset which is what the p5q has.

i'm not sure what you're talking about with the cpu though, a cpu doesn't have like a chipset of its own, which is what it sounds like you're saying.

here are your board's specs.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

from the cpu support list, it says it support both the pentium e6600 and the c2d e6600 so it doesn't look like it's an incompatibility problem.

ich10 is part of of the p45 chipset which is what the p5q has.

i'm not sure what you're talking about with the cpu though, a cpu doesn't have like a chipset of its own, which is what it sounds like you're saying.

here are your board's specs.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

from the cpu support list, it says it support both the pentium e6600 and the c2d e6600 so it doesn't look like it's an incompatibility problem.

I think he is talking about the E6600's 9x multi

oh, well i'm still not sure.

when i read this
he mentioned "ich10" in the previous sentence, so i assumed he thought the cpu had "ich9" which doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom