Primary Master Hard Disk error? really need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

irllneedhelp

Beta member
Hey guys, first off, I must tell you I'm no engineering guy and I don't understand anything about this.

Basicly, I started getting this error a few months ago, when I turned on my pc, it was stuck on its very first screen, and after I waited, it gives me an error saying "Primary master hard disk error. Press f1 to resume"

My hard drive is NOT broken, and it's NOT damaged, I can guarentee you that.
I think it was because I was once messing up with the boot settings in windows...

but now, it's really hard for me to turn the PC on because it always gives me that message, and rarely goes to Windows.

Again, this is no hard drive problem... well, it can have a problem, but it's not broken or damaged.

Can you please help me in a way I could understand?

What version of Windows are you running, and do you have a Windows disc for that version?

A couple things you can try:

Boot off of your XP disc, and go into the recovery console (press R after it loads up).

First, try a check disk:
chkdsk /r

Reboot and see if it boots...if not, try to fix your boot entries since you said you were messing with boot settings:
fixboot

A couple things you can try:

Boot off of your XP disc, and go into the recovery console (press R after it loads up).

First, try a check disk:
chkdsk /r

Reboot and see if it boots...if not, try to fix your boot entries since you said you were messing with boot settings:
fixboot

I tried it, but after it finishes loading, the screen goes black, and right after it, a blue screen of death appears...

Ok, so what is the STOP code and the fault header at the top (e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom