laptop crashing - advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibexpiotr

In Runtime
at first i thought it was an OS issue, I was running Vista and since I've been wanting to upgrade to 7 for some time. For few weeks now the laptops been extremely slow when booting up, i mean like 2-3minutes. This week I got my first BSOD. Not taking it too seriously I booted into safemode, ran disk check, defrag, that didnt work, so i did a system restore to a previous day. worked. after some time, it wouldnt boot up again, same problem. So I decided to finally put 7 on.

the first time when copying files during the installation it gave me a BSOD, i tried again and it installed.
Did my updates, and after restarting it wouldnt boot up again, it gets as far as loading windows and im able to see mouse cursor, then it either restarts, shutsdown or BSOD.

I ran mem Check, no problems there

I'm really hoping that its the hdd crapping out, which brings me to another question.
replacing my current 2.5hdd with ssd?
good/bad idea?

*EDIT*
also. when i throw in a live xp disk, it takes some time to load, since its reading from cd, but it boots up and seems stable, based on that i exclude possibility of bad ram or any motherboard issue.

ram tested fine. out of boredom at work i reinstalled 7 again, using a different copy. didnt crash so far, ran BurnIn Test, all passed without errors, by all i mean hdd, ram, cpu, graphics card, sound etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom