Most effective for least money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
So I'm not quite satisfied with my temps of my cpu. Folding stress test for 30 minutes I hit 62 (65 OC'd) at the highest. I'm getting a dual core and so this isn't gonna cut it. I'd like to stay below 60 at most 65 with dual core clocked a little extra.

I had 2 ideas for cooling an they're cheap but hopefully effective.

I wanted to add a window mounted 80mm fan to blow air directly into the heatsink
I wanted to get this heat sink as well
Pentium 4 P4 LGA 775 CPU Fan Cooler Heatsink AMD AM2 - eBay (item 270504886660 end time Jul-19-10 19:46:08 PDT)

am I going to see any decrease from stock with this heatsink?

either way i'm adding the fan.

any other ideas I really just want to run the dual core stock below 60.

For good cooling it will cost more than a couple of bucks, mate.

if you have room in your case this one would handle it for you:
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-SD964 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler rev.w with bracket ACK-i5363
It is 133mm tall (about 5 3/8"), so you would need almost 6" between the motherboard and the side of your case.

For a little more I would go with this one:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS7000C-Cu 2 Ball CPU Cooler
It is about 4 3/8" in diameter, so you would need to make sure you had a couple of inches of clearance as far as anything tall (RAM modules and such).

For good cooling it will cost more than a couple of bucks, mate.

if you have room in your case this one would handle it for you:
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-SD964 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler rev.w with bracket ACK-i5363
It is 133mm tall (about 5 3/8"), so you would need almost 6" between the motherboard and the side of your case.

For a little more I would go with this one:
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS7000C-Cu 2 Ball CPU Cooler
It is about 4 3/8" in diameter, so you would need to make sure you had a couple of inches of clearance as far as anything tall (RAM modules and such).

I have 2 half size sticks so it should be manageable to fit

i know im pushing stupidity but i have scraps to work with. :neutral: It was only a temp until things were less tight. (i hate being a student)
But in your opinion "I'm assuming" I should wait and get something good?

I love the Zalman but i see little difference in it and the one i showed and the aluminum of the same model

EDIT:
I found the same cooler as the one on ebay just name brand
Product.aspx

now it seems like a good idea for the price the reviews werent bad

Copper > aluminum for heat dissipation.

The Zalman is a hunk of copper fins coming out of a solid base, whereas the one you linked to is a flat aluminum disk with fins around the edges.. Check the Zalman pics out, both on NewEgg and on Zalman's site. Zalman used to be top dog but they are still great for older CPUs or those who don't have room for some mammoth heatsink.

Copper > aluminum for heat dissipation.

The Zalman is a hunk of copper fins coming out of a solid base, whereas the one you linked to is a flat aluminum disk with fins around the edges.. Check the Zalman pics out, both on NewEgg and on Zalman's site. Zalman used to be top dog but they are still great for older CPUs or those who don't have room for some mammoth heatsink.

Ya i realized i was farther off than i thought.
but i found the match non off brand.

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK EP-CD901 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

The reviews make me think it'll work for what i need it to until i can get the zalman but for sure i want it.

Thank you trotter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom