Re-building My Old Puter

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildinganewpcguy

Beta member
Heres the deal. I am building a new computer around some of my old hardware. I have a Sapphire X1950 Pro graphics card in which i want to build my compute around it.

What im trying to build:
- I need a computer that can run a video editing program to the best of its abilities. Also i want it to be able to run some higher end games as well. Possibly ones like Oblivion for example. I know how to assemble everything, i just dont know whats compatible to what im trying to build and my graphics card as well. Part names and types are something new to me.

Things I have/Can Use:

- I have a couple different power sources, just the regular ones that come with a standard computer, im not sure if those will be able to work with what i want to do or not.
- I have 2 GB of ram but possibly may upgrade or probably will have to
- Have a CD drive that is suffice

Things I need!
- Basically what im looking for is a motherboard that can support my Sapphire X1950 Pro card considering the fact that im building this computer around that graphics card.
- Also im wondering what type of processor will be compatible with this motherboard because i kind of want a higher end processor.

Conclusion
- So if anyone has any ideas on what i should do they are much appriciated! Im really lost and im on a work deadline to have this computer built!

Any modern motherboard will fit that card.

Question though.....Is there any reason why you want to build around that gpu?

How much are you expecting to spend?

Other questions

What size are the power supplies? Theyre rated in Watts
What kind of RAM? DDR DDR2

Any modern motherboard will fit that card.

Question though.....Is there any reason why you want to build around that gpu?

How much are you expecting to spend?

Other questions

What size are the power supplies? Theyre rated in Watts
What kind of RAM? DDR DDR2

I want to build around that gpu because i bought it for a good price and i still want to use it. If it went to waste i wouldnt be happy.

Im expecting to spend 100-300 bucks for the parts that i need. I know im not building a whole computer so i dont need more than i can already use.

Power supply is 200W max, i probably should upgrade that.

Ram is DDR i believe and i probably should upgrade to DDR2 most likely.

Thanks for the reply, just wondering what i should do from someone who knows!

Well, get ready to be unhappy..... Its not that good.. Below is a quick build pof what you asked. The mobo has a built in gpu which is alot better.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

The above will fit your price, at 287, without shipping and taxs, and allows you to actually upgrade to a better gpu and cpu eventually.

You can cheapen it with less ram, but its good idea now days to go 4gig.

Also note, I'm not alkl that great at specing out stuff, just starting to do this stuff.

Well, get ready to be unhappy..... Its not that good.. Below is a quick build pof what you asked. The mobo has a built in gpu which is alot better.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

The above will fit your price, at 287, without shipping and taxs, and allows you to actually upgrade to a better gpu and cpu eventually.

You can cheapen it with less ram, but its good idea now days to go 4gig.

Also note, I'm not alkl that great at specing out stuff, just starting to do this stuff.

Wow thats a bunch for kind of getting an idea of what i want to do.

So do you think this built in GPU will be the same if not better than my Sapph 1950x pro? I guess thats a really good advantage to having it built in but i mean updating later will that end up screwing me? I probably wouldnt have to because technology is so advanced now, i just need a computer for video editing and doing some decent gaming.

I may get something along those lines because i agree, having a 4gb is defiantly smart these days too.

The only advantage the that the x1950, that I can tell, is being a dedicated memory. While the hd4200 is not too much better, it has alot more features being 2 generations newer.

To add a new pci-e card, you just slap it in, plug in the card power, hit power. Most systems recognize the new card and switches over too it.

The 4200 is not a great card, and you'd really want to upgrade it as soon as you have cash, if your gaming.

But you can actually try which card you wanted as you have the card, and its quite easy.

The only advantage the that the x1950, that I can tell, is being a dedicated memory. While the hd4200 is not too much better, it has alot more features being 2 generations newer.

To add a new pci-e card, you just slap it in, plug in the card power, hit power. Most systems recognize the new card and switches over too it.

The 4200 is not a great card, and you'd really want to upgrade it as soon as you have cash, if your gaming.

But you can actually try which card you wanted as you have the card, and its quite easy.

Okay thanks a lot!!! I will take everything into consideration! :) Much appriciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom