Lap me gently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your lapping the cpu, or the heatsink, and you want to use a liquid (to keep the dust down) then I would recommend using something oil based like WD-40. But remember to clean it up with alcohol or lacquer thinner afterwards.

Unless your working in socks and rubbing your feet in the carpet static really shouldn't be a problem. Just ground yourself before you start working (grab something metal).

Unless your having heat issues, or your just wanting to be the Ultimate Overclocker, lapping your cpu is not practical for most users. But if your wanting to squeeze every last MHz out of your cpu then lapping it will help.

The biggest problem you might have when painting a fan is applying the paint unevenly causing the fan to be out of balanced. I paint my fans while they're spinning.
paintfan1.jpg

paintfan3.jpg

Ah very clever... Ill have to try this. Yea i mean this is my first build thats not a P4 or dual - core. So i think ill stick with just applying my TX-2?

Slay, if i wanted to paint the shroud and blades separate colors ( I follow the vid below first) but when i go to paint them do you suggest hanging them as you have in your pictures? Or can i simply paint one side, let dry, flip and repeat?

i dont think painting a fan will unbalance it, so long as you do thin even coats you should be fine.

No it really could throw off the fan and just turn it into a case vibrating noise maker.

Thats why slay paints them spinning they stay evenly painted due to centrifugal force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom