Overclocking CPU =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I am at:

1.44375 Cpu overvoltage
250 MHZ = 3.624 Ghz

My apps are loading insanely fast now. I am donig a stress test to see if I hold out ok.

Update: My temps havn't increased at all? This processor is starting to freak me out. I am holding strong at 43-44C. How high can this thing really go? I googled it and people capped at 3.7 but my temps are staying low at 3.624.??

Stress Test finished: I used AMD overdrive because for some reason the other programs recommended to me didn't work probably because I don't have my video card yet (comes in today). Highest temperature reached was 45C. Should I try to bump it up?

Go for it :D. Keep doing it until you aren't stable. I'm not sure how good AOD stress test is, might want to try prime95 or even Linx to make double sure.

Ok What test should I use on prime95? I did the first stress test and I am hanging around 50C.

UpDate: Crashed (blue screen) at 255 MHZ. - 3.7 Ghz. My ram speeds were set to 333. I put them down to 200 to see if that was maybe the problem. My heat stayed stable at 51C. Stress testing on Prime95.

Update: Crash again. Uping the voltage from 1.4475 to 1.45625.

Current Settings:

CPU Overclocking 255
PCIE Clock - 100
Voltage 1.45625
Memclock value - 200 Mhz

These are the changes I made in the bios from what I have read online. If I am doing something wrong, or if I should try something else please tell me. :)

Running test again....

Crash :(. I was trying to open up another temp program while doing the stress test. Then it crashed. But that shouldn't matter right? I went back to the original settings that was working at 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom