Installed a new video card, suddenly system will not boot or post

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Ok, this system worked literally flawless for 18 months, since the day I first built it. I gave this system to friend yesterday after I removed a MSI 9600 GSO 512mb. I also gave him a EVGA GeForce GTS 250 to install once he got the rig to his house.

He called me this morning to say, after he installed the new GPU, the system will not boot.

I went to his house this evening. Sure enough, when I hit the power button, the computer turns on, the CPU fan spins, the GPU fan spins. The lights on the MB turn on [light up] but no post, nothing on the screen. Also, when I installed the speaker button to listen to beep messages, nada. No beeps at all. Yet, all four phase LED's light up.

Here is the system:

Q6600 CPU
Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L
EVGA GeForce GTS 250
Sunbeam 120 CPU Cooler
Ator Super Charge 700 Watt SC PSU
OCZ PC2 6400 RAM 800MHz 2x2GB=4GB
Thermaltake M-9 Case
LG Super Multi DVD burner
WD 320 HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Can someone help me troubleshoot this. I am at a complete loss of what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Soar

did you plug the screen in...?

Sean,

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Yes, I did plug it in and unplug it several times.

I just found the problem. You probably would not believe it if I told you what it was.

It was pretty dull on my part to miss it.

System is back up and running flawlessly again.

Thanks,

Soar

you forgot to plug the graphics card in?

No, it was even dumber than that! Somehow during the packing up of the rig and transporting it, one of us unknowingly must have accidentally slid the 110/220 power switch in the back of the PSU from 110v to 220v.

I didn't even notice it until after I ran several tests.

Anyway, I suppose I should be happy that I finally discovered the problem.

Now the rig is running flawlessly again.

Have a good one!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom