Flashing bios to oc 9800 pro -> xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
Okay. i figured that my video card was the overclockable one. It looked exactly like the sapphire 256mb pro cards. so i was thinking of overclocking but then i heard that you have to flash your vid card bios. But there was one little problem.. I dunt have a floppy drive.

So i was wonderering, is there a way to flash your bios without using a floppy, such as a cd-rom or like flash drives?

Before flashing, you should know that you can OC your card's clock and memory frequency without flashing. Get a program like ATI tool or RADCLOCKER. Even better, get the omega drivers which come with the latest ATI tool. Flashing your BIOS will void the warranty on your card. The difference between the 9800 PRO and XT was so small that sites like ANANDtech and tomshardware considered it a ripoff to buy the XT.

well. if your overclocking it to xt by flashing bios, you cannot do it using a 128 mb 9800pro. only a 256.
I'm sure you can overclock it manually by using ati tool or something like that to make it xt speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom