Build for $700

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 786meg 460 still beats 5830. The 1G model will be out soon, but costs more. It would e the best option, the msi one on egg is only 24 bucks more with free shipping... Thats a steal.

The 786meg 460 still beats 5830. The 1G model will be out soon, but costs more. It would e the best option, the msi one on egg is only 24 bucks more with free shipping... Thats a steal.

Wow really good deal, too bad they won't be instock till the 25th =(. I guess I could wait.

don't listen to your friend, you can use an nvidia gfx card in an amd build just fine.

if you can spend the extra on the gtx 460, i would suggest you get it.

here's also a different mobo you could look at, it costs the same as the msi and would allow you to sli another card.
Newegg.com - ASUS M4N98TD EVO AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

Wow this board is very cool I might get it. It can still support ati though right, even though the bridge is nvidia. If only amd boards supported both crossfire and sli!!!!!!

yes. the point of gettin a board with an nvidia chipset though was to leave that option to go sli available to you if you were to choose an nvidia card.

if you go with an ati card go with an amd board, this one would also be good.
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Yeah I understand that but I was thinking what if ati creates the 6XXX series soon and it happens to beat most of nvidias new cards if it was possible if I could just pull out the nvidia and run the ati card with no problems. I'm guessing it does though thanks for your help. I'll probably order it sometimes this weekend, but before I do I'll try and relist everything just to make sure they are compatible. Thanks again!!!

Wtf! lol, I swear when I was searching stuff up yesterday that was not there. All I saw was the out of stock sign and it said, ETA:07/27/2010. But still this makes everything much easier. Also about the SLI board, it has neither 6 gb/s sata or usb 3.0 unlike its crossfire counterpart which has both. What is the difference between 3.0 and 6.0, is the difference notable? Are there even drives that support 6.0 or can all drives use it. Also can you plug anything into usb 3.0 or no?

Whats open box on newegg? Why is it so cheap, feels like if I buy one they'll send my something broken on purpose lol.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

What is an Open Box item?

Open Box items have been opened and touched and/or returned. Because they originate from different situations, they may or may not include accessories, documentation or retail packaging. Refurbishment is done by the manufacturer. Open Box products are warranted for only 30 days. We recommend that you try out your Open Box product immediately after receiving it.

What is the return policy for open box merchandise? Do Open Box items offer any additional return policy coverage?

Newegg offers a 30-day refund-only return policy for all open box merchandise. Remember if you purchase a Open Box product you will receive an OEM BAREBONE item, meaning you will only receive the item itself. Accessories are NOT INCLUDED with Open Box products, even if the missing accessory is required for the item to function properly.

if it was something cheap then maybe an open box item would be OK, but i wouldn't risk saving a bit of money for an open box item like a motherboard or other crucial system parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom