Possibly Upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jophess

Baseband Member
About 2 and a half years ago I built my first gaming computer. Now, since I have some money lying around, I'm thinking about upgrading.

The parts I currently have that I plan on upgrading are:
CPU - Intel Q6600
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
RAM - 4gb Patriot Extreme
PSU - Corsair 520HX (I think?)

The parts I'm thinking of getting are:
CPU - Intel i7 920
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
RAM - Corsair CORSAIR XMS3 6GB DDR3 1600
PSU - Not really sure.

First, would I need to upgrade the PSU? I do plan on overclocking and have an HD5850 and 2 hard drive. I'm assuming it would be a good idea to upgrade it.

Also, I'm open to any suggestions/alternatives for better performing parts at a similar or lower price.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably go with the 750HX in case I decide to upgrade more in the future.
For RAM, would OCZ Gold be a good choice? It's currently available in a combo to shave off a few bucks.

I also have a question about a heatsink. I currently have a TRUE 120 for my Q6600 (socket 775). Is there something I could buy to use it with the i7 920, or would I need a new heatsink all together?

Thanks again for the help.

So, I've been searching around for the best prices and I came across ewiz.com/superbiiz.com. Has anybody ever ordered anything from them?

They seem to have some very good deals, such as an OEM i7 920 w/ stock fan for $235.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom