CPU cooler for i7 930 in Antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the fan that came with it now, my Rosewill fans are still in shipping. What kind of screws do you need to attach a second fan to the radiator?

Calc,

You will need 6-32x1.25" bolts, and you can find em' at OSH. I'll be picking mine up tomorrow.

Another way of saying it is this: #6 machine thread, 32 TPI (threads per inch), 1.25 inches in length.

Soar

Calc,

You will need 6-32x1.25" bolts, and you can find em' at OSH. I'll be picking mine up tomorrow.

Another way of saying it is this: #6 machine thread, 32 TPI (threads per inch), 1.25 inches in length.

Soar

What's OSH? If you just mean a hardware store the only ones we have are Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Sears Hardware. I figure Lowes would have it (that's the closest one for me).

As for the performance with the single fan, I have it at 4.0GHz (slightly over, BCLK is at 183, multi at 22x) and as far as the CPU goes all seems well. The temperature is hovering around 58-60C full load with Folding@Home SMP and F@H GPU running. The biggest issue is RAM, my OCZ Gold seems to not overclock very well at the voltages I had it at, had to push it up to 1.66V and I had to drop the RAM multiplier down a notch as well, the RAM is at 10X multiplier, so 1830MHz.

What's OSH? If you just mean a hardware store the only ones we have are Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Sears Hardware. I figure Lowes would have it (that's the closest one for me).

As for the performance with the single fan, I have it at 4.0GHz (slightly over, BCLK is at 183, multi at 22x) and as far as the CPU goes all seems well. The temperature is hovering around 58-60C full load with Folding@Home SMP and F@H GPU running. The biggest issue is RAM, my OCZ Gold seems to not overclock very well at the voltages I had it at, had to push it up to 1.66V and I had to drop the RAM multiplier down a notch as well, the RAM is at 10X multiplier, so 1830MHz.

Calc,

So sorry! I thought OSH [Orchard Supply Hardware] was in every major city in the USA. I am not sure if Lowes or Home Depot will have this item. Please let us know if they do!

BTW, I did not pick up my screws at OSH...I got too busy selling components today and couldn't get over to OSH.

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom