Help Understanding My New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbaboy

Beta member
I fairly new to building computers and I'm going to start my first very soon.
here is what I'm going to put together.
Case- COOLER MASTER HAF 922
Processor-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Quad-Core
Motherboard- ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD
Video Cards(2x)- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB
Ram- G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Main & Backup Hard Drive(2x)- HITACHI 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA
Media Drive(2x)- LG Black 22X DVD+R
Power Supply- hec X-Power Pro 600W
Monitors(2x)- ASUS VH222H Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor

Here is my build. First off is it all compatible?
A secondly with my dual video cards i want to run crossfire and run dual monitors, but i only want to play games on 1 monitor and have like internet and other stuff on the other monitor.
These can all be found on new egg

Get a better psu. HEC isn't that good. Get an Antec or corsair, or seasonic. A bad psu can cause many issues including burning out your other parts.

Games usually only go onto 1 screen, so thats a non issue

Welcome to TF

I agree with patonb, choose a more reliable PSU like the ones you mentioned.

The mobo you've chosen only supports two GPUs so if I were you I would buy a single GPU, like the HD5850, so you can buy a second one later if you feel the need to upgrade.

I agree with patonb, choose a more reliable PSU like the ones you mentioned.

The mobo you've chosen only supports two GPUs so if I were you I would buy a single GPU, like the HD5850, so you can buy a second one later if you feel the need to upgrade.

And I agree with patonb and farinha about the power supply. And I agree with farinha about the video cards, get the best single card you can afford. Doing so will allow you to upgrade to an even higher level of performance when it's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom