Build for $700

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolguy

Baseband Member
I was wondering what can I get with $700 gaming pc. I prefer amd/ati because its cheaper and one part I want is the 965 BE idk why but I just want it lol. Reason I am making this thread is because I actually have about $1,300 but I also need money for keyboard mouse and screen (I don't need it but I really want a better one because im stuck with a compaq w1907 which i doubt can support high quality games), speakers (I have but want better ones) and windows7. If you don't think I can make a decent gaming pc than I can drop the keyboard mouse screen and speakers and just use windows vista again. All help is appreciated.

Awesome thanks a lot. About the windows 7 no it isn't included in the 700$ build. Yeah the gpu was something i wanted to be pretty decent (if you saw my other thread) and i also saw the benchmarks and the 460 is pretty amazing especially the 768 mb one which I could get. Still not sure because i could just get a 5770 than another and crossfire it, but with nvidia its not really possible to sli unless i get the "special boards" for amd. Motherboard has same features as the 139.99 i was going to get, nice price. The ram I'm a little worried about because of the reviews. I'll keep it in mind though because of the rebate its a really good deal. I think I might go with this build instead of my other one which would have cost me a lot more. Thanks for the help.

My builds just a its possible build... I'm not to mobo or ram savey. The RAM especially is really to fit in your price, and are okay.

Honestly, XFire and SLI are really not super, and youre better off with 1 good card. Unless you have huge resolutions.

I took the mobo as its suppose to be for oc'n and you wanted the black, so.. But you'll need a decent cooler to go high.

Like i said, i just tossed this together, but iu'm not that good at the small stuff.
Btw i forgot A dvd drive.

My builds just a its possible build... I'm not to mobo or ram savey. The RAM especially is really to fit in your price, and are okay.

Honestly, XFire and SLI are really not super, and youre better off with 1 good card. Unless you have huge resolutions.

I took the mobo as its suppose to be for oc'n and you wanted the black, so.. But you'll need a decent cooler to go high.

Like i said, i just tossed this together, but iu'm not that good at the small stuff.
Btw i forgot A dvd drive.

Yeah lovin the mobo and right im definitely ocing! The ram I agree is a perfect fit especially with the rebate but with the reviews and stuff idk, how do you think it compares to this?

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
or
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Also for the psu i was wondering

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
vs.
Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply

Whats the 12v power rail thing? Is having 3 better than having one? And I'm not really sure how to read the output, lol. I'm just guessing that the corsair one is better because it has more amps, idk.

Oh right dvd drive thing! do dvd burners both read and write? or should i just get a regular one that just reads.

Oh, I'm not really at high res (unless i use my hdtv) but my computer screen atm is 1440 x 900 and the one i want is 16XX x 8XX (forgot the exact).

Right and I need a cooler most likely ill get the corsair h50 water cooler, do you have any experience with it? Or maybe a cheaper cooler that may do better?

Again thanks for your help! On a side note fairly god parents ftw!!

RAM is my worst part here.. I do know that lower timings are better... The OCZs are 8-8-8-24 while the G.Skills are 9-9-9-24.. 8s are faster.. I've read on here the ripsaws, while good are a waste... Thats my RAM knowledge.

The Antecs a good psu, go for it. The Corsair is a slight better, sorta... But the Antec is just as reliable.

Multiple vs Single rail on a quality psu doesnt make a difference. With a single rail, all the power runs 1 rail to all parts so you can't under power a part. Multi rails feed different parts, this way, your gpu won't get starved because of too many fans.

A dvd burner does everything, just grab a sony or something for 25 bucks.

Nope, no idea on coolers especially water or amd, sorry... My rigs getting old.

RAM is my worst part here.. I do know that lower timings are better... The OCZs are 8-8-8-24 while the G.Skills are 9-9-9-24.. 8s are faster.. I've read on here the ripsaws, while good are a waste... Thats my RAM knowledge.

The Antecs a good psu, go for it. The Corsair is a slight better, sorta... But the Antec is just as reliable.

Multiple vs Single rail on a quality psu doesnt make a difference. With a single rail, all the power runs 1 rail to all parts so you can't under power a part. Multi rails feed different parts, this way, your gpu won't get starved because of too many fans.

A dvd burner does everything, just grab a sony or something for 25 bucks.

Nope, no idea on coolers especially water or amd, sorry... My rigs getting old.

Hey at least you know more than me :tongue:! Thanks again for the help. I'll probably go with the ocz try out my luck! I think I'll go with the antec as well especially since I learned what a single/ multi rail is =D! Awesome on the dvd burner and same here on the coolers lol! Thanks a bunch :big_grin::big_grin:, also if I'm overclocking should I load the case with fans? Or would it not help much.

Cases are very personal, Antec cases are nice, i have a 900, you need to balance the airflow, so with Antecs, its 2 in 1 out top, 1 out the top back.

If you want fans, get this 300 for 64.99 and 15 shipping...
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Its another good case with good fans. Its 15 bucks a fan, times 3 is 45 bucks... and the case is only 35bucks more with shipping with fans.

But remember, cases should be your choice.... you gotta look at it, not me :)

I would buy the AMD 955 if I were you, specially if you're overclocking. The only difference between the two is the multiplier, which you can increase it easily on Bios, other than that it's the same CPU. If I were you I would save some money and get the 955.

Cases are very personal, Antec cases are nice, i have a 900, you need to balance the airflow, so with Antecs, its 2 in 1 out top, 1 out the top back.

If you want fans, get this 300 for 64.99 and 15 shipping...
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Its another good case with good fans. Its 15 bucks a fan, times 3 is 45 bucks... and the case is only 35bucks more with shipping with fans.

But remember, cases should be your choice.... you gotta look at it, not me :)

Wow really good deal and a nice looking case with blue leds, thanks for the heads up and right I have to keep that case for another few years at least so I gotta pick one that looks good and is good thanks again. Oh and about the new gtx 460 (768 mb model) does it having lower memory make it any less better than the 5830, and also should i mix an amd processor with an nvidia gpu because my friend keeps telling me not to do it, but I'm not sure.

I would buy the AMD 955 if I were you, specially if you're overclocking. The only difference between the two is the multiplier, which you can increase it easily on Bios, other than that it's the same CPU. If I were you I would save some money and get the 955.

Thats the only difference? So I could run the 955 on 3.4 and just call it a 965 lol. Thanks I'll probably do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom