ATI Radeon hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice_cold063

Beta member
I´ve had this problem for a long time now and I´m fed up with this. I bought a ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128 mb graphic card to my computer. At first it was great when I had Windows ME as OS, but as everybody knows ME sucks so i installed XP. But after that hell broke loose! In Windows, my computer randomly hangs and reboots. There is nothing I can do but wait... So far it has never happened while playing a game... I can´t anyhow find a BIOS update to my Compaq motherboard.

What I have tried so far:
Update VIA chipsets
Install XP Service Pack 2
Get the latest ATI drivers (of course)

Sometimes instead of rebooting, a bluescreen accures where it says that ati2dvag.dll has got into loop or something like that...

mine did that too the reason was the GPU was overheating and the computer was shutting down to prevent damage to it.

Uninstall SP2. A lot of people have reported troubles and varying issues using this SP. This is why I'm hesitant to use it and am still running SP1.

EDIT: BTW I believe I've seen people reporting that same problem with the blue screen. Have you tried a different set of drivers? What drivers do you have? Are you running catalyst drivers? Have you tried the Omega Drivers? Someone Like Ag3 can possibly shed some more light on an ATI based problem. Also that card you got there has a pretty good chance of being able to be overclocked to Pro Standards.

Nubius said:
Someone Like Ag3 can possibly shed some more light on an ATI based problem.
Sure can! :)

There is a conflict between the display driver (ati2dvag.dll) and AGP controller. You can resolve this issue by updating the AGP controller with the standard drivers provided by the operating system.

This can be done through Device Manager.

Damn you slick ag3. When are we simply going to start our own computer business :p

the top is only the beginning......I'm creating a whole new level of techie!

Thank you...

Thank you to everybody, those informations saved my day! I mades some changes now in the AGP controller settings and it seems to run normally. Anyhow, if any problems shall accure I know where to go! Thanx...

Hey ag3 ive used to have the same problems he did and occasionally still do but it just brings me to a blank blue screen for about half a second and then reboots is it the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom