Buying my parts tomorrow, need approval

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryP

Baseband Member
So I have been reading alot of useful information on this website, I am ready to purchase my parts I need for the build and I want to make sure they look good. I am building it, mainly just so I can have a PC again, I've been a mac guy for the past 7-8 years. But I will be doing some light work in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, storing music, watching movies and playing some games (not playing to many games , thats why Im not getting a GFX card now, I figured I'd wait and get something good when I can afford it) So this is a $500 build, I would like to keep it in that area.
CPU/ MoBo Combo
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Memory
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

HD/ PSU Combo
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Also, is it ok to use the heat sink and fan that comes with the cpu, or should I upgrade that also.

if you're gonna purchase soon (within the next 3 days), i would get this set of ram,
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
and use this promo code they have listed there (EMCYVYX35) which shaves off $10 from its cost and would end up making it cost only $3 more than the set you have listed. this set will run at a faster 1600mhz with tighter cas 7 timings.

besides that, the rest of the parts look good to go.

I didn't pick ddr 1600 cuz , under the motherboard specs, it only has listed - DDR3 1866 (OC)/1333/ 1066 . Does that not really matter?

it supports OCed ram to 1866mhz, don't you think it'd be a little silly if it didn't support ram at a lower speed?

it will work.

Ok what about the heat sink that is with it, should I upgrade that now, if I am planning on overclocking sometime in the future or should I just wait until I am ready to over clock

the stock one will work if you're not OCing, but when you do decide to OC you should buy a better one.

if you have the money now though, you could buy it now, up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom