How do I coax my DDR 3 from 1333MHz to the targeted speed of 1600MhZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like every component is running slightly hotter than it should be, what is the room temperature? Go back into the bios then go to the PC Health Status section and Disable the CPU Smart Fan Control (this will cause the cpu fan to run at 100% all the time).

Have you encountered any BSOD's, error messages or instabilities?

Slay,

When I ran the HW Monitor, it was 91 degrees in my computer room. So that is why the temps are slightly hotter.

I called Gigabyte. They told me the two beeps at start up clearly indicates something went south with the MOBO. They are asking me to RMA it.

So that is where I am in this wonderful process of building this new computer.

I realize you do not like Gigabyte. I have built several systems with their boards and this is the first MB that has given my problems.

Anyway, I will wait for their RMA ticket, then send this back [$10 for priority mail shipping there]. They will ship another MOBO within 2-3 days according to their site.

Thanks for your help.

I'll let you know what happens.

Take good care Slay!

Soar

Slay,

Yes, I was still getting lots of BSOD's. I sent the MOBO back, Gigabyte told me it tested fine, no problems with it.

So I am back to square one [minus the $10 it cost me to ship the MOBO to Gigabyte and minus the 4 weeks that I have been trying to get this system stable].

Do you have any other suggestions? [I feel like ripping the rip jaws out of the ripjaw memory...]

Soar

I think it's a heat issue, if you kept the room temperature in the 75-80F range I think all your problems would go away. I don't think new ram is going to perform any differently. For now I would just run the cpu at stock speeds and the memory at 1333 MHz. It should start cooling off in another month and I think you'll see a big difference as your room temperatures drop.

I think it's a heat issue, if you kept the room temperature in the 75-80F range I think all your problems would go away. I don't think new ram is going to perform any differently. For now I would just run the cpu at stock speeds and the memory at 1333 MHz. It should start cooling off in another month and I think you'll see a big difference as your room temperatures drop.

Slay,

Ok, and thanks for the great ideas and suggestions you have given me over the past few weeks.

I appreciate you and the patience you have shown me.

Have a wonderful week!

Soar

UPDATE: Removed the G.skill RAM, installed A-DATA 1600, and ever since, the system is perfectly stable.
Also ran Memtest 86+ as well as Prime95 torture tests and all is well.

It was the RAM all along.

Temps in my house vary between 58 and 96 f and neither hot nor cold has caused a crash or BSOD since I slapped in the A-DATA sticks.

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom