GPU reaching 185F under load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
185F is 85C. Which is safe. Most are rated up to 90-100C, I believe.

But you should try to get it lower. You can clean the dust off the GPU's heatsink, increase airflow to the GPU or within the case, lower the ambient room temperature, or use an aftermarket heatsink.

It's preferable to keep the load temperatures around 60-70C (or 140-158F).

It has a side mount for a fan, but that's for the CPU. You'd need to mod the side panel if you want to add a side intake for the GPU.

Taking the side panel off would be a possible solution. And temporary, unless you have no problem with having the side panel off.

Try the other suggestions that I mentioned in my previous post.

It also says that the front fan is optional. Do you have a front intake fan installed? If not, you should.

Have you tried just turning up the GPU fan speed? Sometimes the default "automatic" fan control opts to let the card get hot in favor of a quiet fan, but this isn't a good idea. Turn up the fan a bit using an nVidia tweaking app like RivaTuner (don't think nVidia has fan control built into its drivers like ATi does).

That could be it...what calcprogrammer mentioned.

My default fan speed was 30% and I had to use a third party program to manually adjust it.

I like to use EVGA Precision for Nvidia cards. It's also more user friendly than RivaTuner, in my opinion.

Have you tried just turning up the GPU fan speed? Sometimes the default "automatic" fan control opts to let the card get hot in favor of a quiet fan, but this isn't a good idea. Turn up the fan a bit using an nVidia tweaking app like RivaTuner (don't think nVidia has fan control built into its drivers like ATi does).

nVidia has a program called nTune its an overclocking program with a fan speen controller for their cards.

NVIDIA nTune

I'd suggest using that it's a great program especially for OCing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom