Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

novicebuilder

Solid State Member
Hi all and first thank you for any assistance. I have tried to read the forums and put together my first pc I am building in about 5 years. I know I am not up to date on all the parts so all advice is greatly appreciated. I am looking to spend about 1100 (but I do know I will probably end up going a bit over which is ok). I do not have the video card selected yet either.

NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
$39.99

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
$199.99

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700 RS-700-AMBA-D3 700W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active ...
$119.99

Western Digital RE3 WD1002FBYS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive $139.99

Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B - OEM
$24.99

Noctua NH-U9B SE2 92mm SSO CPU Cooler
$59.99

G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit $149.99

Subtotal: $734.9

Also I was torn between intel and AMD but from the posts I found I decided to attempt my first AMD machine, but any thoughts on that would also be appreciated. Thank you again.

Your building it in 5 years? well technology would have changed by then, newer and better graphics cards and processors will be out, and the games will need them. Choose the parts at the current time of the build, not before. I cant really choose a graphics card for reasons above.

AMD processors don't support triple channel memory, so you should get 4GB (2x2GB) ram

Moreover, intel i5 750 does perform better in gaming benchmark most of the time

AMD is dual-channel, Intel's 1366 i7 platform is triple channel. If you go with AMD buy a dual channel (4GB or 8GB) kit of RAM. Both Intel and AMD are solid choices. AMD tends to be a bit cheaper at the expense of some performance while Intel tends to be more expensive but a bit more powerful.

As for graphics you're picking from ATi (made by AMD) or nVidia. Right now I would go with an ATi card as ATi is winning this generation of video cards, nVidia was late to the game and their cards use a lot more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom