PC Starts but no Post, Beeps, or Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

loey_54

Beta member
I have just changed out my PSU, MOBO, RAM, and Case. Only thing to change out is the CPU but I know that it works because it worked in another PC that I have so i know it works. I tried upgrading the RAM and installing a PCI USB adapter card and i got som yellow and black pixellation on my monitor. Shut the computer down, removed the card and no video. with old MoBo. Removed and reseated several times the old and new RAM. Fans still spin and the HDD is still spinning up. Got new MoBo, same out come, no video. Have tried this on 4 different monitor with different ( VGA, DVI, and HDMI) still no video. Have removed components to trace problem and when I get to the CPU, Still no video, Post or Beeps. Like I said CPU works fine in my other computer. and other computer's CPU will have the same out come as before.

*ASUS P5RD2-VM LGA 775 ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (Old)
*1 x ASUS P5G41C-M LGA 775 Intel G41 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard (New)
*Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Dual-Core Processor BX80551PE2666FN
*2 x Kingston KVR533D2N4K2/1g (Old)
Also Tried
*2 x KVR667D2N5/1G (New)
*ROSEWILL|RD500-2DB
*Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3160812A 160GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 3.5" Hard Drive
*BenQ 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Write Beige E-IDE/ATAPI Model DRW1608P3SBGWSW
*ASUS CD Burner Beige E-IDE/ATAPI Model CRW-5232A4

It should be your PSU. If everything else is accounted for, left is your PSU. CPU could be your problem, but I would doubt it.

Rosewill is a good brand (via TF's PSU guide) But it's not my first choice.

I have tried 3 PSUs and all 3 power up my 2nd computer just fine and that computer is more of a power hog than the others it uses an Apevia 600 or 680 watt PSU the original PSU came with a case

*Athenatech A4224WW.400 Beige Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX 2.01v 400W (20+4-P, Dual +12V,2 x SATA Connectors) Power Supply

and then i used the one from my second computer and which i know is working and then i used the Rosewill that i know works because i used it it the second computer to check if it was DOA.

I have taken the CPU from the PC having trouble and put it into my second PC and the PC starts up fine in the fact that i have to go through the CPU setup because the MoBo has detected a new processor. Just for poops and giggles since i had my CPU out from PC #2, I put it in the PC that I am having issues with and i get the same result as before. I put it back in PC #2 and i works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom