Cold Cathode lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
cons: They go out faster than LED lights, they produce heat, they require converters to work (messy case / cable routing sometimes), they can go out (the inverter, at least)... They aren't quite the color you want (in my experience :tongue:) My red cathodes look orange, the blue ones are like.. baby blue :tongue:

I've owned about... ten of the cathodes and have had only one go out on me in the last two years.

More Pros when in comparison to LED strips: They can be turned off and on with a switch, they're brighter.

I like LED's better, cathodes usually need an inverter to produce large voltages (sometimes over 100V but at very low current). LED's are more controllable, you can dim LED's, you can easily flash LED's, and LED's last pretty much forever under normal use. I also like RGB LED's because they can change colors, but if you want them you have to build some sort of controller yourself.

I agree with everyone on LEDs. I have a strip of LEDs made originally for a car like around the radio and it perfectly lights up my case and it was much cheaper than a cathode and you can't even see them unless you stick your head in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom